Photo W. Haacke
|Average Length: 60
||Names in other languages
- Small head with pointed snout
- Grey to pale-grey-olive back
- 3 Dark brown, black-edged stripes, one forming a vertebral line
- Lateral line passes through eyes
- Upper lip and belly uniform white to cream
- When disturbed, they make a dash for cover and freeze
Venom Type: Neurotoxic. So
little venom is introduced, its
effects results in no more than mild, local symptoms
is an alert, quick moving snake, ready to bite when molested.
lizards and small rodents.
Lays 30 eggs and young are 130-210mm.
birds and other snakes.
in grassland country.